Sunday 28 March 2010

quick update

i'm reading John Piper's 'When I dont desire God : How to fight for Joy'. it's a really interesting book! Rose lent it to me like three months ago, but i've only really started reading it now.. i've barely gotten pass the first chapter because there's just so much to think about in the book.. here are some parts that really hit home :

"When I saw the truth that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him, I was free from the unbiblical bondage of fear that it was wrong to pursue joy."

"Only God can make the depraved heart desire God. Once when Jesus' disciples wondered about the salvation of a man who desired money more than God, he said to them, "With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God" (Mark 10:27)"

and so far the phrase that really hit me is the bolded text..

"I would like to help those who are beginning to see that salvation is the awakening of a new taste for God, or it is nothing."

wow.. i dont even want to elaborate on this because i think that the meaning of salvation is a personal belief unique to each individual.. for me, this is means so much =)

yeap so i think it'll take some time for me to finish this book.. but man, what a book for the season i'm in.. so apt..

ok now it's back to doing some more research for PBL.. i'll try to update more frequently now =)

much love!

0 comments: