Thursday 5 February 2009

forgiveness

i still dont get it.. forgiveness is such a difficult thing to do.. i mean if you forgive someone it means you're releasing your right to do unto that person what he or she did to you.. it means having to give up that right not after you've given that person a piece of your mind or a good telling off in hopes of convicting or correcting that person, you gotta give it up before you do those things, and then not do it or have someone else do it later but just leave it as it is.. it's like being a martyr.. wow!

'Forgiveness is not something we do for OTHER PEOPLE. We do it for OURSELVES-to GET WELL and to MOVE ON.' something i found off the internet.. i think it's really something to ponder.. i mean unforgiveness hurts us... destroys our soul and hardens our hearts.. so by forgiving, we're protecting and nourishing our heart.. yeah it's painful and so difficult, but think of what it does to your soul.. so yeah just something that popped up while i was reading something..

1 comments:

Philip Khor said...

I always like to compare my options.

If I smoke, I live to 70 years
If I don't smoke, I live to be 75.

If I don't forgive, I live to 70 years
If I forgive, I live to be 75.

Is that 5 years extra *REALLY* worth it?