Thursday 23 August 2007

i truly wonder

there are days when i wonder,
if i were any different,
from those who turn a cold shoulder,
would i be patient and listen?
in this world where sin is an excuse,
it's more than difficult to choose,
and be the minority,
that believes in purity,
so easy to fall prey,
to the distractions that lay,
waiting to ensnare me,
no matter where i may flee

would i have gone the right way,
because i wanted to say,
"here i am to make a difference,
i want to care for my generation,
no more selfish reasons,
let my heart be full of compassion,
use me to lead the lost,
back into the warmth of Your embrace,
i give my life to this cause,
from right now, i'm gonna seek Your face.
may my life be a testimony,
of Your unfailing love,
your plans above my desires
i know it's gonna be tough,
but who says its impossible,
with You as my guiding star,
i know that when i stumble,
You'll lift me up to where you are."

my life isnt perfect,
my heart has been broken,
many times i forget,
that i'm never forsaken,
my tears have been bitter,
my feet have strayed,
far from the arms of my Maker,
though my debts, He had paid.
i wish i could comprehend,
the measure of Your mercy,
then maybe i'll understand,
how to love unconditionally.

0 comments: